Welcome to My Home Page !
Professor Li Xiaoming
Institute of Network Computing and Information Systems
l Current research interests
- Search engine and web mining, and web technology enabled social sciences
- Reputation issues in cyber systems
- Computing system virtualization
l Activities and experiences related to education
Chair of advisory subcommittee
for undergraduate computing education, appointed by Ministry of Education,
- Courses taught include computer architecture, programming language, operating systems, web-based information systems, introduction to web technology, parallel programming, and combinatorics.
- Editor-in-chief for the 21th Century Computing series of text books, Tsinghua University Press
l Professional services and memberships
- Vice president, China Computer Federation
- Member of editorial board of Science in China
- Member of editorial board of Concurrency and Computation (John Wiley)
- Member of editorial board of Journal of Web Engineering (Rinton)
- Senior member of IEEE
- Member of Eta Kappa Nu
l University services
Director, institute of network
computing and information systems (NC&IS) at
Director, office for academic
l Selected recent publications
- Lianen Huang, Lei Wang, and Xiaoming Li, “Achieving both High Precision and High Recall in Near-duplicate Detection”, CIKM 2008, accepted.
- Yang Zhi, Dai Yafei, and Li Xiaoming, “Neutralizer: A False-Balance Failure Detector for Minimizing Distributed Storage Maintenance Cost,”, Concurrency and Computation, accepted.
Conglei Yao, Yongjian
Yu, Sicong Shou, and Xiaoming Li, “Towards a Global Schema
for Web Entities,” WWW 2008,
Lianen Huang, Jonathan J.H. Zhu, and Xiaoming
Li, “Building a Story Tracer out of a Web Archive,” JCDL 2008
- Jonathan J.H. Zhu, Tao Meng, Zhengmao Xie, Geng Li, and Xiaoming Li, “A Teapot Graph and Its Hierarchical Structure of the Chinese Web,” WWW 2008 (poster), Beijing, April 21-25, 2008
- Qiao Lian, Zheng Zhang, Mao Yang, Ben Y. Zhao, Yafei Dai, Xiaoming Li, “An Empirical Study of Collusion Behavir in the Maze P2P File-Sharing System,” ICDCS 2007.
- Zhou Mo, Dai Yafei, and Li Xiaoming, “A Measurement Study of the Structured Overlay Network in P2P File-Sharing Applications,” Special Track on Toward Next Generation Peer-to-Peer Services Organizers, in the Proceedings of the Eighth IEEE International Symposium on Multimedia (ISM2006), December 11-13, 2006, San Diego, CA. page 621-628.
Li Xiaoming, Barry Lunt, “Undergraduate
Computing Education in
Zhang Lei, Zhang Yi, Zhang Yan, and
- Yang Mao, Dai Yafei, and Li Xiaming, “Bring Reputation System to Social Network in the Maze P2P File-Sharing System”, Proceedings of 2006 International Symposium on Collaborative Technology and Systems, Las Vegas, NV, May 15-17, 2006, pp.393-400.
Qiao Lian, Yu Peng,
Mao Yang, Zheng Zhang, Yafei
William SONG and
LUO Yin, ZHU Xingguo,
William SONG and
Dai Yafei, and
Li Qing, Zhang Zhigang,