I received my Ph.D. degree in Computer Engineering from Virginia Tech in 2011,
and my B.S. degree in Computer Science from Peking University, Beijing, China in 2005.
My Ph.D. advisor is Prof. Jung-Min "Jerry" Park.
Research Interests: wireless networking, mobile computing, network economics
- Cognitive Radio (CR) networks, Dynamic Spectrum Access (DSA) technologies, and wireless network protocol design
- Control channel/rendezvous establishment problem, heterogeneous coexistence problem, self-coexistence problem, robust/secure/distributed spectrum sensing problem, multi-channel broadcast problem, neighbor discovery problem
- Mobile computing
- Indoor localization, dynamic QR code design, information pulling technology in physical world, mobile sensing, mobile security and privacy
- Network security
- K. Bian, J. Park, and B. Gao, ''Cognitive Radio Networks: Medium Access Control for Coexistence of Wireless Systems," Springer, 2014, print ISBN: 978-3-319-07328-6, online ISBN: 978-3-319-07329-3; available at: http://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-3-319-07329-3
- K. Bian, J. Park. ''Cognitive Cellular Networks”," in Handbook of Cognitive Radio, in preparation, Springer, 2017.
- J. Park, and K. Bian, ''Security of Cognitive Radios," in Encyclopedia of Cryptography and Security (2nd Ed.), Henk C.A. van Tilborg, and Sushil Jajodia (Eds.), Springer, 2010.
- J. Park, K. Bian, and R. Chen, ''Cognitive Radio Network Security," in Cognitive Radio Communications and Networks: Principles and Practice, A. Wyglinski, M. Nekovee, and T. Hou (Eds.), Academic Press/Elsevier, 2010. ISBN: 978-0-12-374715-0.
- V. Kumar, J. Park, K. Bian. Transmitter Authentication Using Hierarchical Modulation in Dynamic Spectrum Sharing. Elsevier Journal of Networking and Computer Applications (JNCA), accepted to appear.
- X. Zhou, H. Hong, X. Xing, K. Bian, K. Xie, M. Xu. Discovering spatio-temporal dependencies based on time-lag in intelligent transportation data. Neurocomputing, accepted to appear.
- P. Zhou, W. Wei, K. Bian, D. Wu, Y. Hu, Q. Wang. Private and Truthful Aggregative Game for Large-Scale Spectrum Sharing. IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications (IEEE JSAC), Vol. 35(2):463-477, January 2017.
- P. Zhao, K. Bian, T. Zhao, X. Song, J. Park, X. Li, F. Ye, W. Yan. Understanding Smartphone Sensor and App Data for Enhancing the Security of Secret Questions. IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing (IEEE TMC), Vol. 16(2):552--565, February 2017.
- X. Zhou, X. Xing, L. Han, H. Hong, K. Bian, K. Xie. Structure Feature Learning method for Incomplete Data. International Journal of Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence (IJPRAI), Vol. 30(9), November 2016.
- L. Chen, K. Bian, M. Zheng. From Single- to Multi-channel Neighbor Discovery for Mobile Sensing Applications. IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking (IEEE/ACM ToN), Vol. 24(5):3148--3161, October 2016.
- S. Bhattarai, J. Park, B. Gao, K. Bian, L. William. An Overview of Dynamic Spectrum Sharing: Ongoing Initiatives, Challenges, and a Roadmap for Future Research. IEEE Transactions on Cognitive Communications and Networking (IEEE TCCN), Vol. 2(2):110--128, June 2016.
- L. Chen, K. Bian. Neighbor Discovery in Mobile Sensing Applications: A Comprehensive Survey. Ad Hoc Networks (ADHOC), Vol. 48(15):38--52, September 2016.
- G. Li, Y. Zhao, K. Bian. Efficient User Association in Cellular Networks with Hybrid Cognitive Radio Relays, IEEE Communications Letters (IEEE CommL), Vol. 20(7):1413--1416, July 2016.
- V. Kumar, J. Park, K. Bian. PHY-Layer Authentication Using Duobinary Signaling for Spectrum Enforcement, IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security. (IEEE T-IFS), Vol. 11(5):1027--1038, May 2016.
- R. Gao, M. Zhao, T. Ye, F. Ye, G. Luo, K. Bian, Y. Wang, T. Wang, X. Li. Multi-story Indoor Floor Plan Reconstruction via Mobile Crowdsensing. IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing (IEEE TMC), Vol. 15(6):1427--1442, April 2016.
- L. Song, Y. Liao, K. Bian, L. Song, Z. Han. Cross-Layer Protocol Design for CSMA/CD in Full-Duplex WiFi Networks, IEEE Communications Letters (IEEE CommL), Vol. 20(4):792--795, April 2016.
- R. Gao, Y. Tian, F. Ye, G. Luo, K. Bian, Y. Wang, T. Wang, X. Li. Sextant: Towards Ubiquitous Indoor Localization Service by Photo-taking of the Environment, IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing (IEEE TMC), Vol. 15(2):460--474, February 2016.
- L. Chen, K. Bian. The Telephone Coordination Game Revisited: From Random to Deterministic Algorithms, IEEE Transactions on Computers (IEEE TC), Vol. 64(10):2968--2980, October 2015.
- Y. Liao, K. Bian, L. Song, Z. Han. Full-duplex MAC Protocol Design and Analysis, IEEE Communications Letters (IEEE CommL), Vol. 19(7):1185--1188, July 2015.
- L. Chen, K. Bian, X. Du, and X. Li. Multi-channel Broadcast via Channel Hopping in Cognitive Radio Networks, IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology (IEEE TVT), Vol. 64(7):3004--3017, July 2015.
- K. Bian, J. Park, L. Chen, and X. Li. Addressing the Hidden Terminal Problem for Heterogeneous Coexistence between TDM and CSMA Networks in White Space, IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology (IEEE TVT), Vol. 63(9):4450--4463, November 2014.
- A. Huang, C. Chen, K. Bian, X. Duan, M. Chen, H. Gao, C. Meng, Q. Zheng,
Y. Zhang, B. Jiao, and L. Xie. WE-CARE: An Intelligent Mobile Telecardiology
System to Enable mHealth Applications, IEEE Transactions on Information Technology in Biomedicine (IEEE TITB or JBHI), Vol. 18(2):693--702, March 2014.
- K. Bian, J. Park, X. Du, and X. Li. Enabling Fair Spectrum Sharing: Mitigating Selfish Misbehaviors in Spectrum Contention, IEEE Network, Vol. 27(3):16--21, May-June 2013.
- K. Bian, and J. Park. Maximizing Rendezvous Diversity in Rendezvous Protocols for Decentralized Cognitive Radio Networks, IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing (IEEE TMC), Vol. 12(7):1294--1307, July 2013.
- R. Chen, J. Park, and K. Bian. Robustness against Byzantine Failures in Distributed Spectrum Sensing, Elsevier Computer Communications, (COMCOM), Vol. 35(17):2115--2124, October 2012.
- K. Bian, J. Park and R. Chen. Control Channel Establishment in Cognitive Radio Networks using Channel Hopping, IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications (IEEE JSAC), Vol. 29(4):689--703, April 2011.
Conference Papers (移动计算相关论文附中文简介)
C. Gao, Y. Zhang, K. Bian, Z. Li, Y. Bai, X. Liu. Holiday Syndrome: A Measurement Study of Mobile Social Network Use during Holidays. IEEE ICC 2017.
Z. Li, W. Chen, Z. Li, K. Bian. Look into My Eyes: Fine-grained Detection of Face-screen Distance on Smartphones. IEEE MSN 2016.
Y. Zhang, Y. Bai, L. Chen, K. Bian, X. Li. Influence Maximization in Messenger-based Social Networks. IEEE Globecom 2016.
S. Fang, K. Bian, D. Cui, H. Hong, K. Xie. The Shortest Path or Not? Analyzing the Ambiguity of Path Selection in China's Toll Highway Networks. IEEE ITSC 2016.
S. Fang, K. Bian, K. Xie. Vulnerability Analysis of Highway Traffic Networks Using Origin-Destination Tollgate Data. IEEE ITSC 2016.
S. Wan, J. Meng, S. Fang, X. Xing, K. Xie, K. Bian. Predictability Analysis on Expressway Vehicle Mobility Using Electronic Toll Collection Data. IEEE ITSC 2016.
C. Liu, P. Zhao, K. Bian, T. Zhao, W. Yan. Detection of Physical Attacks against iBeacon Transmitters. IEEE/ACM IWQoS 2016.
"物理世界中蓝牙信标 iBeacon 的安全问题"
P. Zhao, K. Bian, P. Chen, T. Zhao, Y. Duan, W. Yan. Trident: Context-based Reverse Authentication for Phishing AP Detection in Commodity WiFi Networks. IEEE VTC2016-Fall 2016.
Z. Li, L. Chen, Y. Bai, K. Bian, P. Zhou. On Diffusion-restricted Social Network: A Measurement Study of WeChat Moments. IEEE ICC 2016.
C. Li, P. Zhou, Y. Zhou, K. Bian, T. Jiang, S. Rahardja. Distributed Private Online Learning for Social Big Data Computing over Data Center Networks. IEEE ICC 2016.
L. Chen, Z. Xiao, K. Bian, S. Shi, Y. Ji. Skolem Sequence Based Self-adaptive Broadcast Protocol in Cognitive Radio Networks. IEEE VTC2016-Spring 2016.
V. Kumar, H. Li, J. Park, K. Bian, Y. Yang. Group Signatures with Probabilistic Revocation: A Computationally-Scalable Approach for Providing Privacy-Preserving Authentication. ACM CCS 2015.
H. Li, X. Liu, T. Xie, K. Bian, X. Lu, F. X. Lin, Q. Mei, F. Feng. Characterizing Smartphone Usage Patterns from Millions of
Android Users. ACM IMC 2015.
Y. Liao, B. Di, K. Bian, L. Song, D. Niyato, Z. Han. Cross-layer Protocol Design for Distributed Full-duplex Network. IEEE Globecom 2015.
W. Fu, K. Bian, T. Zhao, W. Yan. The Hidden Fine-grained State Machine in Cellular Network for Simultaneous Voice and Data Services. IEEE Globecom 2015.
Y. Liao, K. Bian, L. Ma, L. Song. Robust Cooperative Spectrum Sensing in Full-duplex Cognitive Radio Networks. The Seventh International Conference on Ubiquitous and Future Networks 2015 (ICUFN2015). Invited Paper.
X. Xing, X. Zhou, H. Hong, W. Huang, K. Bian, K. Xie. Traffic Flow Decomposition and Prediction Based on Robust Principal Component Analysis. IEEE 18th International Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITSC) 2015.
H. Hong, W. Huang, X. Xing, X. Zhou, H. Lu, K. Bian, K. Xie. Hybrid Multi-metric K-Nearest Neighbor Regression for Traffic Flow Prediction. IEEE 18th International Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITSC) 2015.
X. Zhou, H. Hong, X. Xing, W. Huang, K. Bian, K. Xie. Mining Dependencies Considering Time-lag in Spatio-Temporal Traffic Data. The International Conference on Web-Age Information Management (WAIM) 2015.
Y. Liao, T. Wang, K. Bian, L. Song, Z. Han. Decentralized Dynamic Spectrum Access in Full-Duplex Cognitive Radio Networks. IEEE ICC 2015.
Best Paper Award of Cognitive Radio Symposium.
H. Yang, L. Chen, K. Bian, Y. Tian, F. Ye, W. Yan, T. Zhao, and X. Li. TapLock: Exploit Finger Tap Events for Enhancing Attack Resilience of Smartphone Passwords. IEEE ICC 2015.
L. Chen, S. Shi, K. Bian, and Y. Ji. Optimizing Average-Maximum TTR Trade-off for Cognitive Radio Rendezvous. IEEE ICC 2015.
Z. Li, K. Bian, T. Zhao, and X. Li. Improving the QoE of Mobile Data Access for Long-lived Connections in Cellular Networks.
IEEE INFOCOM workshop on Quality of Experience-Based Wireless Communications 2015.
G. Li, K. Bian, Y. Zhao, D. Li. On Hybrid Localization in Half-Open Areas. IEEE VTC2015-Spring 2015.
L. Chen, R. Fan, K. Bian, L. Chen, M. Gerla, T. Wang, and X. Li. On Heterogeneous Neighbor Discovery in Wireless Sensor Networks, IEEE INFOCOM 2015.
Y. Tian, K. Bian, G. Shen, X. Liu, X. Li, and T. Moscibroda. Contextual-Code: Simplifying Information Pulling from Targeted Sources in Physical World, IEEE INFOCOM 2015.
S. Kim, J. Park, and K. Bian. PSUN: An OFDM Scheme for Coexistence with Pulsed Radar, IEEE ICNC 2015.
V. Kumar, J. Park, and K. Bian. Blind Transmitter Authentication for Spectrum Security and Enforcement, ACM CCS 2014.
W. Hu, J. Mao, Z. Huang, Y. Xue, J. She, K. Bian, and G. Shen. Strata: Layered Coding for Scalable Visual Communications, ACM MobiCom 2014.
R. Gao, M. Zhao, T. Ye, F. Ye, Y. Wang, K. Bian, T. Wang, and X. Li. Jigsaw: Indoor Floor Plan Reconstruction via Mobile Crowdsensing, ACM MobiCom 2014.
L. Chen, K. Bian, and M. Zheng. Heterogeneous Multi-channel Neighbor Discovery for Mobile Sensing Applications: Theoretical Foundation and Protocol Design, ACM MobiHoc 2014.
L. Chen, K. Bian, L. Chen, C. Liu, J. Park, and X. Li. A Group-theoretic Framework for Rendezvous in
Heterogeneous Cognitive Radio Networks, ACM MobiHoc 2014.
C. Liu, Y. Pan, A. Chen, K. Bian, and J. Wu. Scalable Opportunistic Forwarding Algorithms in Delay Tolerant Networks using Similarity Hashing, IEEE SECON 2014.
C. Chen, Y. Huang, Y. Liu, C. Liu, L. Meng, Y. Sun, K. Bian, A. Huang, X. Duan, B. Jiao. Interactive Crowdsourcing to Spontaneous Reporting of Adverse Drug Reactions, IEEE ICC 2014.
Y. Tian, R. Gao, K. Bian, F. Ye, T. Wang, Y. Wang, X. Li. Towards Ubiquitous Indoor Localization Service Leveraging Environmental Physical Features, IEEE INFOCOM 2014.
L. Xu, S. Li, K. Bian, T. Zhao, W. Yan. Sober-Drive: A Smartphone-assisted Drowsy Driving Detection System. IEEE International Conference on Computing, Networking, and Communications (IEEE ICNC) 2014.
V. Kumar, J. Park, T. C. Clancy, K. Bian. PHY-layer authentication using hierarchical modulation and duobinary signaling. IEEE International Conference on Computing, Networking, and Communications (IEEE ICNC) 2014.
K. Bian, J. Park, X. Du, X. Li. Ecology-Inspired Coexistence of Heterogeneous Wireless Networks. In Proc. of IEEE Globecom 2013.
V. Kumar, J. Park, T. Clancy, K. Bian. PHY-Layer Authentication by Introducing Controlled Inter Symbol Interference. In Proc. of IEEE CNS 2013.
L. Chen, K. Bian, L. Chen, W. Yan and X. Li. On the Cascading Spectrum Contention Problem in Self-coexistence of Cognitive Radio Networks. ACM CRAB 2013, in conjunction with ACM MobiCom 2013.
W. Fu, T. Zhao, K. Bian, and W. Yan. TraSt: A Traffic Statistic Framework for Evaluating 3G Charging System and Smart Phone Applications. Springer Frontiers in Internet Technologies, Communications in Computer and Information Science, Vol. 401:206--217, 2013.
C. Chen, K. Bian, A. Huang, X. Duan, H. Gao, B. Jiao, L. Xie, and S. Wang. We-Care: A Wearable Efficient Telecardiology System Using Mobile 7-lead ECG Devices. In Proc. of IEEE ICC 2013.
L. Huang, G, Zhu, X. Du, and K. Bian. Stable Multiuser Channel Allocations in Opportunistic Spectrum Access. In Proc. of IEEE WCNC 2013.
X. Huang, X. Du, X. Li, and K. Bian. Efficient Communications in Mobile Hybrid Wireless Networks. In Proc. of IEEE Globecom 2012.
K. Bian, Y. Tian, and X. Li. Spectrum Allocation for Heterogeneous Wireless Systems of the Internet of Things. In Proc. of the first workshop on IoT Applications (IoT-App 2012), co-located with CPS weeks, April 2012.
K. Bian and J. Park, Asynchronous Channel Hopping for Establishing Rendezvous in Cognitive Radio Networks,
in Proc. of the 30th IEEE Conference on Computer Communications, (IEEE INFOCOM 2011), Mini-conference, Shanghai, China, April 2011.
K. Bian and J. Park, Addressing the Hidden Incumbent Problem in 802.22 Networks, in Proc. of the Software Defined Radio (SDR)
Forum 2009 Technical Conference (SDR 2009), Washington DC, USA, December 2009.
K. Bian, J. Park, and R. Chen, A Quorum-based Framework for Establishing Control Channels in
Dynamic Spectrum Access Networks, in Proc. of the 15th ACM Annual International Conference on Mobile
Computing and Networking (ACM MobiCom 2009), Beijing, China, September 2009.
K. Bian and J. Park, A Coexistence-Aware Spectrum Sharing Protocol for 802.22 WRANs,
in Proc. of the 18th IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications and Networks
(IEEE ICCCN 2009), San Francisco, USA, August 2009.
K. Bian, J. Park, M. Hsiao, F. Belanger, and J. Hiller, Evaluation of Online Resources in Assisting
Phishing Detection, in Proc. of the 9th IEEE/IPSJ International Symposium on Applications and the Internet
(IEEE SAINT 2009), Seattle, USA, July 2009.
R. Chen, J. Park and K. Bian, Robust Distributed Spectrum Sensing in Cognitive Radio Networks,
in Proc. of the 27th IEEE Conference on Computer Communications, (IEEE INFOCOM 2008), Mini-conference, Phoenix, USA, April 2008.
K. Bian and J. Park, Security Vulnerabilities in IEEE 802.22,
in Proc. of the Fourth ICST International Wireless Internet Conference (WICON 2008), Hawaii, USA, November 2008.
K. Bian and J. Park, Segment-Based Channel Assignment in Cognitive Radio Ad Hoc Networks,
in Proc. of the Second ICST International Conference on Cognitive Radio Oriented Wireless Networks
and Communications (Crowncom 2007), Orlando, USA, August 2007.
K. Channakeshava, K. Bian, M. Hsiao, J. Park, R. Crossler, P. Aggarwal, F. Belanger, and J. Hiller,
On Providing Automatic Parental Consent over Information Collection from Children,
in Proc. of the 2008 International Conference on Security and Management (SAM 2008), Las Vegas, USA, August 2008.
K. Bian, J. Park and R. Chen, Stasis Trap: Cross-Layer Stealthy Attacks in Wireless Ad Hoc Networks,
in Proc. of the 49th IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference (IEEE Globecom 2006), San Francisco, USA, November 2006.
K. Bian and J. Park, MAC-Layer Misbehaviors in Multi-Hop Cognitive Radio Networks, in Proc. of the 2006 US-Korea Conference on Science, Technology, and Entrepreneurship (UKC 2006), New Jersey, USA, August 2006.